Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Appleton, WI
“We’ve done it before, and think it would be a good experience for our 7 yr. old grandson.” Rhonda B. – OH
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Appleton!
Appleton host families are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
Our agents travel the globe in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to the USA to study abroad.
Appleton Foreign Students –
- Have their own spending money for trips to Pierce Park, Time Warner Cable Field, Miscellaneous Museums and any other items they wish to purchase.
- Speak English at 70% or better.
- Are mostly high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Are insured worldwide through the program.
- Maintain B and C grades in their home country high school.
Local reps look for the finest families for our exchange students.
Appleton Host Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Appleton resident may apply to be a volunteer host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Over 100,000 high school and college exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Appleton Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Appleton family.
For great deals on activities, events, and experiences in Appleton, visit Groupon Appleton.
If you know someone in Appleton who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Appleton Host Families