Host a Foreign Student in New Mexico
“I’ve hosted before and now that my youngest is a senior in high school we want to host again.”
Bernie W. – New Mexico
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in New Mexico!
You can change the educational path of a life today. Host an international student.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 2,837 international students studied in the state of New Mexico. 402 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in New Mexico and most of them lived with host families.
New Mexico host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia, and others.
Agents across the globe in 75 countries to bring the best students to study abroad.
New Mexico Foreign Students –
- Come with their own spending money for.
- Are fully medically insured throughout the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a total medical test before leaving home.
- Maintain average to good grades in their local high school.
Local agents look for the best families for our exchange students.
New Mexico Host Families –
- Come in all styles.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Are proud to share the American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable New Mexico resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, townhome, condo, or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon New Mexico.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with New Mexico area Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your New Mexico family.
Key International Student Statistics for New Mexico
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 2,837
- Total Economic Contribution to New Mexico from International Students: 76.8 million
- Total number of New Mexico Jobs Supported through International Students: 695
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for New Mexico
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 249
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 153
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 402
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in New Mexico which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 66
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021