Host a Foreign Student in Oklahoma
“I’ve hosted before and now that my youngest is a senior in high school we want to host again.”
Bernie W. – Oklahoma
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Oklahoma!
Host a foreign student just one time, and you will have the urge to do it over and over again.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 7,328 international students studied in the state of Oklahoma. 532 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Oklahoma and most of them lived with host families.
Oklahoma host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, and others.
International representatives scour the globe in 75+ nations to bring the best students here to study abroad.
- Have their own spending money to use for buying things or for going to the Zoo or Museum or concerts, ball games, etc..
- Sre medically insured completely through the program.
- Have an English ability rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students aged 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home high school.
Local agents recruit the best families for our exchange students.
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Are proud to share their American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other languages.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any mature Oklahoma resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Oklahoma.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Let us help you find the student who will be a perfect fit for your family.
Key International Student Statistics for Oklahoma
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 7,328
- Total Economic Contribution to Oklahoma from International Students: 221.5 million
- Total number of Oklahoma Jobs Supported through International Students: 2,072
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Oklahoma
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 95
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 437
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 532
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Oklahoma which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 158
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021