Host a Foreign Exchange Student in New Orleans, Louisiana
“We’ve done it before, and think it would be a good experience for our 7 yr. old grandson. Rhonda B. – OH…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in New Orleans!
Your impact on a young foreign students life, can help you be part of the change you want to see in the world.
In 2014 there were 106,712 exchange students attending U.S. high schools and 483 lived with host families in Louisiana!
Louisiana host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
Universal representatives travel the globe in 75 countries to bring the best students to Louisiana to study.
Louisiana Students –
- Come their own spending money for New Orleans, Baton Rogue, Shreveport, etc.
- Are insured medically while they are here
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%
- Are high school aged between the ages of 15-18
- Receive a comprehensive medical test before they leave home
- Maintain very good grades in their home high school
Local reps find the finest host families for our students.
Louisiana Host Families –
- Come in all styles
- Are interested in worldwide affairs
- Are attentive, receptive and loving
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures and languages
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange
Any capable Louisiana resident is welcome to become a family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon New Orleans.
Over 100,000 high school/college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Louisiana Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Louisiana family.