Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Florida
“I’ve hosted before and now that my youngest is a senior in high school we want to host again.”
Bernie W. – Florida
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Florida!
You can host a dream to reality by becoming a sponsor family for a student.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 46,221 international students studied in the state of Florida. 2,736 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Florida and most of them lived with host families.
Florida host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and others.
In 2014, the majority of exchange students in Florida came from:
Our international agents travel the globe in 75+ countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students to America to study abroad.
Florida Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Disney World, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, etc.
- Are medically insured completely worldwide through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive full medical exams prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country’s high school.
Local representatives find the best host families for our exchange students.
Florida Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles, and types.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, loving, and receptive to other individuals.
- Are proud to share their local heritage with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any mature, able Florida resident can apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting local experiences, visit Groupon Florida.
Over 1,000,000 high school and college-aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Florida Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Florida family.
Key International Student Statistics for Florida
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 46,221
- Total Economic Contribution to Florida from International Students: 1.5 billion
- Total number of Florida Jobs Supported through International Students: 15,165
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Florida
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 2,159
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 577
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 2,736
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Florida which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 1,149
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021