Host a Foreign Student in Tennessee
“We have hosted a student before and found it very rewarding.” Don M. – Tennessee
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Tennessee!
To be successful, you do not have to change the lives of many, just change the life of one foreign exchange student.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 7,864 international students studied in the state of Tennessee. 718 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Tennessee and most of them lived with host families.
Tennessee host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
Global representatives travel the globe in 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students to study abroad.
Tennessee Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money to buy any items they want or need while staying with you; movie/sports/concert tickets, books, etc.
- Are medically insured worldwide via the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are in high school between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical test prior to leaving their home country.
- Keep up good grades in their home country high school.
Local agents find the best host families for our exchange students.
Tennessee Host Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Want to share their culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Hope to promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Tennessee resident can be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Tennessee.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens stay with Tennessee Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Tennessee family.
Key International Student Statistics for Tennessee
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 7,864
- Total Economic Contribution to Tennessee from International Students: 284.1 million
- Total number of Tennessee Jobs Supported through International Students: 3,365
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Tennessee
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 339
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 379
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 718
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Tennessee which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 271
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021