Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Long Island, NY
“I have hosted & represented in the past and am interested in getting back into hosting at this time.” Jackie R. – GA
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Long Island!
If you ever wanted to see first hand where one of your donations goes, host a student and watch it in real time.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Long Island host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
Our international agents travel world in over 75 countries to bring students here to to study.
Long Island Students –
- Have their own spending money for the beach, NYC, shows, etc. Or for any incidentals they want or need.
- Are covered by medical insurance during the entire time they stay with you.
- Have an English rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school aged 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home.
Local reps find the best families for our exchange students.
Long Island Hosts –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in world and global affairs.
- Are open-minded, amenable and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any mature Long Island resident may apply to be a family. Families can be a single persons, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of them stay with Long Island area Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Long Island family.