Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Idaho
“I loved it the last time, and would really like to experience it again.” Sarah S. – Idaho
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Idaho!
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 3,597 international students studied in the state of Idaho. 504 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Idaho and most of them lived with host families.
Idaho host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, and others.
Our agents travel the globe in 75+ countries to bring the brightest students to study.
Idaho Foreign Students –
- Come with their own spending money, Shoshone Falls, Silverwood Theme Park and Hells Canyon.
- Are fully insured with their own medical insurance throughout the program.
- Have an English ability rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Keep good grades in their home school.
Local representatives find the best host families for the students.
Idaho Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles, and types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded, amenable, and attentive.
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures and peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Idaho occupant is welcome to apply to be a family, Single folks, empty nesters, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condominium, or apartment, you can have a foreign student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, events, and outings. For great deals on exciting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Idaho.
Over 1,000,000 college and high school students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of them stay with Idaho Host Families. There is an exchange student you can host who would be a perfect fit for your family.
If you know someone in Idaho who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Idaho Host Families
Key International Student Statistics for Idaho
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 3,597
- Total Economic Contribution to Idaho from International Students: 78.8 million
- Total number of Idaho Jobs Supported through International Students: 688
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Idaho
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 66
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 438
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 504
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Idaho which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 56
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021