Host a Foreign Student in New Jersey
“My wife and I have hosted before and know the rewards of assisting a young person in obtaining the cultural experience and educational opportunities associated with such programs.” Joey A. – New Jersey
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in New Jersey!
If you ever wanted to have an impact on international issues in current society, hosting a student is the best way.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 23,092 international students studied in the state of New Jersey. 1,086 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in New Jersey and most of them lived with host families.
New Jersey host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
International agents travel the world in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest students here to study abroad.
New Jersey Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Six Flags Great Adventure, Casino Pier, Jersey Shore, etc.
- Are fully covered by medical insurance while they are here with the program.
- Have an English rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school, aged 15-18.
- Receive a total medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country.
Local representatives look for the best host families for the students.
New Jersey Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are attentive, receptive, and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with other people.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable New Jersey resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon New Jersey.
Over 1,000,000 high school and college exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with New Jersey area families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your New Jersey family.
Key International Student Statistics for New Jersey
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 23,092
- Total Economic Contribution to New Jersey from International Students: 809.3 million
- Total number of New Jersey Jobs Supported through International Students: 9,086
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for New Jersey
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 976
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 110
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 1,086
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in New Jersey which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 423
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021