Host a Foreign Student in Wisconsin
“We’ve done it before, and think it would be a good experience for our 7 yr. old grandson.”
Rhonda B. – Wisconsin
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Wisconsin!
If you have a passion for global affairs & education, you must go through the experiences. Host a student.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 12,960 international students studied in the state of Wisconsin. 1,412 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Wisconsin and most of them lived with host families.
Wisconsin host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and others.
International representatives scour the globe in 75+ countries to find the best students.
Wisconsin Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money to buy the items they need while they’re here..
- Are insured with their own medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages 15-18.
- Receive a complete medical exam prior to leaving home.
- Keep up good grades in their home country high school.
Domestic reps look for the finest host families for our students.
Wisconsin Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive, attentive, amenable, and loving.
- Are proud to share their American culture.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures and languages.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Wisconsin resident can be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Wisconsin.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Wisconsin Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Wisconsin family.
Key International Student Statistics for Wisconsin
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 12,960
- Total Economic Contribution to Wisconsin from International Students: 451.2 million
- Total number of Wisconsin Jobs Supported through International Students: 5,027
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Wisconsin
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 511
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 901
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 1,412
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Wisconsin which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 311
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021