Host a Foreign Student in Cincinnati, Ohio
“I stayed in a German host family’s home, it was wonderful. My husband & I want to provide the same kind of experience.” Julie M. TX
Exchange students from all over the world arrive in Cincinnati every school year!
Your impact on a young foreign student’s life can help you be part of the change you want to see in the world.
Over 100,000 exchange students arrive each year in the U.S., Cincinnati host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Ukraine and others.
Our international agents cross the globe in 75 countries to bring the finest students here to study abroad.
Cincinnati International Students –
- come with their own spending money at the Cincinnati Museum, Zoo, etc.
- are insured through the program for the entire time they are in the U.S.A.
- have an English skill rate of 70% or higher.
- are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- receive a thorough medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- maintain average grades in their home country high school.
Local representatives find the best Cincinnati host families for our students.
Host Families –
- come in all types and styles.
- are very interested in global affairs.
- are open-minded, receptive and loving to other people.
- are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Cincinnati resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, events, and outings. For great deals on experiences for the whole family in the Cincinnati area, visit Groupon Cincinnati.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Cincinnati area families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Cincinnati family.