Host a Foreign Student in Washington
“I have had students in the past and enjoyed them so much. I look forward to hosting another child.”
Leslie O. – Washington
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Washington!
If you have a passion for global affairs & education, you must go through the experiences. Host a student.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 26,089 international students studied in the state of Washington. 1,513 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Washington and most of them lived with host families.
Washington host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Germany, Czech Republic, and others.
International representatives travel the globe in 75+ countries to find the best and brightest exchange students.
Washington Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money.
- Are medically insured worldwide through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages 15-18.
- Receive a thorough medical test prior to leaving their home.
- Keep up good grades in their home country’s high school.
Domestic reps find the finest host families for our students.
Washington Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles, and types.
- Are interested in global and world affairs.
- Are open-minded, amenable, and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture.
- Want to learn more about other peoples.
- Have a desire to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Washington resident can be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, townhome, condo, or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Washington.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Washington Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Washington family.
Key International Student Statistics for Washington
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 26,089
- Total Economic Contribution to Washington from International Students: 923.6 million
- Total number of Washington Jobs Supported through International Students: 8,279
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Washington
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 551
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 962
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 1,513
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Washington which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 292
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021