Host a Foreign Student in Boulder, CO
“We’ve already hosted 1 student from Japan and it was a good experience for my whole family.” Raymond B. CA.
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Boulder!
Would you be proud to share American culture and opportunity with others? You can! Host an exchange student.
In 2014, there were 106,712 international students in the U.S. and 1,394 students lived with families in Colorado!
Boulder host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, and others.
Our international agents scour the globe in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to the United States to study abroad.
International Boulder Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for the Zoo, Coors Field, Botanical Gardens plus any incidentals they want or need.
- Are insured medically completely through the program.
- Have an English proficiency rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a thorough medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain at least a C average in their home country high school.
Local representatives look for the finest families for our students.
Boulder Host Families –
- Come in all types, varieties, and styles.
- Have an interest in world affairs.
- Are open-minded to change, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share the American culture with other peoples.
- Want to learn more about other cultures.
- Have a desire to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Boulder resident may apply to be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, events, and outings. For great deals on experiences for the whole family in Colorado visit Groupon Colorado.
Over 100,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Boulder Host Families. A student who will be a perfect fit for your family is out there waiting for you.
If you know someone in Boulder who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to call or have them visit Boulder Host Families