Host a Foreign Student in Boston, MA
“I have hosted in the past and am thrilled to be getting back into hosting at this time!” Megan T. – NY.
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Boston!
In 2014, there were 106,712 exchange students who studied at US high schools, Boston families hosted the 2nd most number of students with 7,950 students total!
Boston host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
International agents cross the globe in 75 countries to bring the brightest students here to study abroad.
International Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money for spending in while they’re here.
- They buy their own shampoo, concert tickets, sports tickets, etc.
- Are fully insured while they stay in the USA through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical test before leaving their home country.
- Maintain good grades at home.
Local reps look for the best families for our exchange students.
Boston Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and receptive.
- Are proud to share their culture.
- Have a desire to learn about other cultures.
- Would like to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Boston resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Boston.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Boston Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Boston family.