Host a Foreign Student in Nebraska
“We’ve hosted summer exchange students and would like each of our children to host a high school student in their 11th grade of school.” Diane P. – Nebraska
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Nebraska!
If you are a family, you can provide a student and your child a cultural exchange you never thought possible
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 5,320 international students studied in the state of Nebraska. 446 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Nebraska and most of them lived with host families.
Nebraska host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
International reps cross the globe in 75 countries to bring the best students here to America to study abroad.
Exchange Students –
- Come with the their own spending money for the Aquarium, Chimney Rock Historical Site and any incidentals they may require.
- Are completely insured medically throughout the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a thorough medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Local agents find the best host families for our exchange students.
A Host Family –
- Can come in all varieties and styles.
- Is interested in worldwide affairs.
- Is open-minded and loving.
- Is proud to share their local culture with others.
- Has a desire to learn more about other poeples.
- Is looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Nebraska resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Nebraska.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of them stay with Nebraska area hosts. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Nebraska family.
Key International Student Statistics for Nebraska
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 5,320
- Total Economic Contribution to Nebraska from International Students: 166.2 million
- Total number of Nebraska Jobs Supported through International Students: 1,514
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Nebraska
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 107
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 339
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 446
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Nebraska which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 114
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021