Host a Foreign Student in Arkansas
“We had a wonderful exchange student from Germany who is still part of our family network.”
Carol K. – Arkansas
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Arkansas!
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 5,799 international students studied in the state of Arkansas. 528 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Arkansas and most of them lived with host families.
Our international reps cross the world in 75+ countries to bring the best students to study abroad.
Arkansas Students –
- Come with their own spending money to go see the Little Rock Zoo, Hot Springs National Park, and to buy any incidentals they want or need.
- Are high school students aged 15-18.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are insured by their own medical insurance while they are here in the U.S.
- Receive a comprehensive medical testing prior to leaving their home.
- Keep good grades in their home high school.
Local agents find the best families for our students.
Arkansas Hosts –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in global matters.
- Are receptive, open-minded, and loving.
- Want to learn about other cultures.
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- Want to promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Arkansas resident is welcome to submit an application to be a volunteer host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, events, and outings. For great deals on exciting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Arkansas.
Over 1,000,000 total exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of them stay with Arkansas Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Arkansas family.
If you know someone in Arkansas who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Arkansas Host Families
Key International Student Statistics for Arkansas
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 5,799
- Total Economic Contribution to Arkansas from International Students: 136 million
- Total number of Arkansas Jobs Supported through International Students: 1,174
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Arkansas
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 49
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 479
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 528
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Arkansas which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 90
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021