Host a Foreign Student in Missouri
“My family hosted a foreign exchange student when I was growing up and it was one of the best experiences of my life. My oldest is at college and there is room in my home.” Nanette E. – Missouri
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Missouri!
Broaden your family and its experience by hosting a foreign exchange student
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 20,140 international students studied in the state of Missouri. 1,026 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Missouri and most of them lived with host families.
Missouri host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
International representatives travel the globe in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest foreign students to study abroad.
Missouri Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for spending at Gateway Arch, St Louis Zoo, Titanic Museum, etc.
- Are fully medically insured throughout the program.
- Have an English proficiency rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Have a thorough medical exam before leaving home.
- Maintain good grades at home.
Local representatives are committed to recruiting the finest host families for our students.
Missouri Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in world and global affairs.
- Are open-minded, attentive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures, peoples and languages.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Missouri resident may apply to be a host. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Missouri.
Over 1,000,000 foreign students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Missouri Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Missouri family.
Key International Student Statistics for Missouri
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 20,140
- Total Economic Contribution to Missouri from International Students: 601.2 million
- Total number of Missouri Jobs Supported through International Students: 6,890
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Missouri
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 309
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 717
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 1,026
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Missouri which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 226
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021