Host a Foreign Student in Great Neck, New York
“I have hosted & represented in the past and am interested in getting back into hosting at this time Jackie R. – GA…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Great Neck!
How would you feel knowing that by hosting a student you had a lasting impact on someones life?
In 2014, there were 106,712 exchange students who studied at US high schools, New York families hosted the 2nd most number of students with 7,950 students total!
New York host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
In 2014, the majority of exchange students who studied in New York came from:
- South Korea
International agents cross the globe in 75+ countries looking for the best and brightest exchange students to study abroad.
New York Exchange Students:
- Have their own spending money while they’re here. They buy their own concert tickets, sports tickets, etc.
- Are fully insured while they stay in the USA through the program
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18
- Receive a full medical test before leaving their home country
- Maintain passing grades
Our local representatives find the best New York host families for the students.
New York Host Families:
- Come in all styles and types
- Are interested in worldwide global affairs
- Are open-minded, amenable, receptive and loving
- Are proud to share their American culture with others
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange
Any capable New York resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with New York Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your New York family.