Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Kansas
“I have hosted a foreign exchange student in the past and it was a great adventure. My daughter is now in the 6th grade and I think the experience for her would be very gratifying.” Nancy S. – Kansas
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Kansas!
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 8,911 international students studied in the state of Kansas. 873 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Kansas and most of them lived with host families.
Kansas host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgystan, and others.
Agents scour the world in 75 countries to find the best students to study abroad.
International Students –
- Have their own spending money for the Worlds of Fun Theme Park, Cosmosphere, Salt Museum, Zoos, etc.
- Are totally insured with their own medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical testing prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home high school.
Domestic reps only recruit the best families for the students.
Kansas Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles, and types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share the American culture with others.
- Are looking to learn more about other cultures and peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Looking for more to do with your International Student and family? Check out some of these great activities in your State!
Any reliable Kansas resident may apply to be a family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Kansas.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Kansas Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Kansas family.
Key International Student Statistics for Kansas
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 8,911
- Total Economic Contribution to Kansas from International Students: 4 million
- Total number of Kansas Jobs Supported through International Students: 2,198
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Kansas
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 287
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 586
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 873
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Kansas which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 156
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021