Host a Foreign Student in Tacoma, WA
“We have hosted a student before and found it very rewarding.” Don M. – CO
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Tacoma!
You are the one hosting the student, but your experiences are shared by all those around you too.
Tacoma host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
Our international agents scour the globe in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to study abroad.
International Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money for Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Pike Place Market or for items they need or want
- Are fully insured medically through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Local reps look for the best families for our exchange students.
Tacoma Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and receptive.
- Are proud to share their culture.
- Have a desire to learn about other cultures.
- Would like to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able Tacoma resident can be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Tacoma.
Over 100,000 students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Tacoma Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Tacoma family.