Host a Foreign Student in Ames, Iowa
“We had a very good host family experience.” John B. – Iowa
International Students from all over the world will arrive in Ames!
With over 1,000,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Ames host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange.
Ames, Iowa is home to Iowa State University, which is a leading research university in the United States. In the Fall 2018 Semester, Iowa State had 3,691 international students. As the home to a large university, Ames is a wonderful community for international students.
University and high school international students will be arriving in August from countries such as China, India, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
Universal agents cover the world in 75+ countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to the USA to study abroad.
International Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for activities, events and any incidentals they need to buy.
- Are medically insured by their own insurance through the program.
- Have an English proficiency rate of at least 70%.
- High School international students are between the ages of 15-18.
- University students are aged 18+ and may be pursuing undergraduate, graduate or special areas of study.
- Receive a medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Will qualify academically to participate in a US Visa Program.
Local reps look for the best families for our exchange students.
Ames Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and receptive.
- Are proud to share their culture.
- Have a desire to learn about other cultures.
- Would like to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Ames residents can apply to be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host an international student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Ames.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of students stay with Ames Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Ames family.
About Ames, Iowa
Beneath the small town charm of Ames, Iowa, beats the heart of a much larger city. With a population of more than 65,000, Ames offers cultural, recreational, educational, business, and entertainment amenities more common in bigger metros. As a growing city, Ames continues to focus on building a strong community filled with opportunities for all.