Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Houston, Texas
“We hosted a student before and our son is very excited about the possibility of having another student live with us.” Patti L. – TX
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Houston!
The time to take action in the life of a foreign student, in a positive way, is now.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Houston homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
International agents are all over the world in more than 75 countries choosing the best students for the program.
- Come with their own spending money for the Johnson Space Center, Zoo, Museums, etc.
- Are totally insured with their own medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English skill rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain very good grades in their home country high school.
Local reps are committed to finding the finest host families for these students.
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in world, global affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Everybody can apply to be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, events, and outings. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Houston.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year.
Let us help you find the student who will be a perfect fit for your family.