Host a Foreign Student in Nevada
“I had a wonderful time hosting a student last year and would like to bring the experience to other families.” Elizabeth P. – Nevada
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Nevada!
You can host a dream to reality by becoming a sponsor family for a student
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 2,642 international students studied in the state of Nevada. 313 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Nevada and most of them lived with host families.
Nevada host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
Our international reps cross the globe in 55 countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to study abroad.
Nevada Students –
- Have their own spending money for Hoover Dam, Las Vegas and any incidentals they may require.
- Are fully insured medically through the program while they stay with you.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school aged 15-18.
- Receive a total medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home high school.
Domestic representatives find the finest host families for our exchange students.
Nevada Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with other people.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able Nevada resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Nevada.
Over 1,000,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Nevada Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Nevada family.
Key International Student Statistics for Nevada
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 2,642
- Total Economic Contribution to Nevada from International Students: 73.3 million
- Total number of Nevada Jobs Supported through International Students: 731
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Nevada
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 71
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 242
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 313
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Nevada which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 100
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021