Host a Foreign Student in San Jose, CA
“We’ve done it before, and think it would be a good experience for our 7 yr. old grandson. Rhonda B. – OH…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in San Jose!
If you are a family, you can provide a student and your child a cultural exchange you never thought possible
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., San Jose host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
International representatives scour the globe in 75 countries to get motivated students to study abroad.
San Jose Exchange Students –
- Have their own money to spend at the Zoo, Museum or to buy any incidentals they need while here.
- Are insured medically through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students aged 15-18.
- Receive a thorough medical exam before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades at home.
Domestic representatives look for the finest families for our exchange students.
San Jose Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable San Jose resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon San Jose.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with San Jose area families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your San Jose family.