Host a Foreign Student in Texas
“I have done it before, and it was one of the best things ever. I think it is a great cultural exchange and I love the friendships you can create.” Monica M. – Texas
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Texas!
Just because you have retired from teaching does not mean you have to stop teaching. Host a student.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 77,097 international students studied in the state of Texas. 3,721 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Texas and most of them lived with host families.
Texas host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
International representatives cross the world in 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students.
Texas Foreign Students –
- Have their own spending money for buying sports/movie/concert tickets, books, or any other items they want or need.
- Are insured medically via the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical exam before leaving their country.
- Keep up good grades in their home school.
Local representatives look for the best host families for our students.
Texas Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local Texas culture with others.
- Want to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able Texas resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Texas.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Texas Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Texas family.
Key International Student Statistics for Texas
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 77,097
- Total Economic Contribution to Texas from International Students: 2 billion
- Total number of Texas Jobs Supported through International Students: 22,157
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Texas
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 1,588
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 2,133
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 3,721
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Texas which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 921
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021