Host a Foreign Student in Arkansas
“We had a wonderful exchange student from Germany who is still part of our family network. Carol K. – PA…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Arkansas!
In 2014, 106,712 exchange students arrived in the U.S. 749 students lived with Arkansas host families!
Our international reps cross the world in 75+ countries to bring the best students to study abroad.
Arkansas Students –
- Come with their own spending money to go see the Little Rock Zoo, Hot Springs National Park and to buy any incidentals they want or need.
- Are high school students aged 15-18.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are insured by their own medical insurance while they are here in the U.S.
- Receive a comprehensive medical testing prior to leaving their home.
- Keep good grades in their home high school.
Local agents find the best families for our students.
Arkansas Hosts –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in global matters.
- Are receptive, open minded and loving.
- Want to learn about other cultures.
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- Want to promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Arkansas resident is welcome to submit an application to be a volunteer host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activites, events, and outings. For great deals on exciting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Arkansas.
Over 100,000 total exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of them stay with Arkansas Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Arkansas family.
If you know someone in Arkansas who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Arkansas Host Families