Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Indiana
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Indiana!
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 28,136 international students studied in the state of Indiana. 1,239 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Indiana and most of them lived with host families.
Indiana host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, and others.
Our international reps travel the globe in 75+ countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to America to study abroad.
Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for the Speedway, Splashing Safari, Zoo, etc.
- Are completely covered by medical insurance worldwide through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a total medical test before they leave their country.
- Keep very good grades in their home country high school.
Our representatives only recruit the finest families.
Indiana Families –
- Come in all styles and types.
- Are interested in worldwide, global affairs.
- Are attentive, receptive, and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any trustworthy Indiana resident can apply to be a host family. Families can be a single people, single parents, empty nesters, grandparents. Your residence can be a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on exciting local experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Indiana.
Over 1,000,000 high school and college-aged students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of them stay with Indiana area families. Let us help you get the student who will be a perfect fit for your family.
If you know someone in Indiana who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Indiana Host Families
Key International Student Statistics for Indiana
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 28,136
- Total Economic Contribution to Indiana from International Students: 920.7 million
- Total number of Indiana Jobs Supported through International Students: 10,084
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Indiana
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 306
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 933
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 1,239
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Indiana which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 289
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021