Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Georgia
“I had a wonderful time hosting a student last year and would like to bring the experience to other families.” Elizabeth P. – Georgia
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Georgia!
Charity is not always about money, sometimes it is about creating an opportunity. Hosting exchange students creates opportunities!
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 24,265 international students studied in the state of Georgia. 1,161 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Georgia and most of them lived with host families.
Georgia host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, and others.
International reps scour the globe in 75+ countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to the U.S.A. to study abroad.
Georgia Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Atlanta Zoo, Olympic Park, World of Coca-Cola, etc.
- Are medically insured entirely through the program.
- Speak English at a skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages 15-18
- Receive a full medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Keep good grades in their home school.
Local representatives look for the finest host families for our exchange students.
Georgia Host Families –
- Come in all styles.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, attentive receptive, and loving.
- Are proud to share American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures and peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Georgia resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Georgia.
Over 1,000,000 high school and college-aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Georgia Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Georgia family.
If you know someone in Georgia who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Georgia Host Families
Key International Student Statistics for Georgia
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 24,265
- Total Economic Contribution to Georgia from International Students: 839.2 million
- Total number of Georgia Jobs Supported through International Students: 9,355
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Georgia
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 758
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 403
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 1,161
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Georgia which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 363
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021