Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Alabama
“My wife and I have hosted before and know the rewards of assisting a young person in obtaining the cultural experience and educational opportunities associated with such programs. Joey A. – AL…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Alabama!
In 2014, 106,712 exchange students studied in the United States. 512 of those students lived with Alabama host families. Alabama host families are welcome to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students start arriving in August and come from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, and others.
Our agents travel the globe in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students to study abroad.
Alabama Students –
- Come with their own spending money to go see the Crimson Tide, Space Rocket Center or Birmingham Zoo
- Are high school students aged 15-18
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%
- Are completely insured medically through the program
- Receive a full medical test prior to leaving home
- Keep good grades in their home country high school
Local representatives are committed to recruiting the finest families in Alabama for our students.
Alabama Hosts –
- Come in all styles
- Are interested in world affairs
- Are receptive and loving
- Want to find out more about other cultures
- Are proud to share their local culture
- Want to promote peace through cultural exchange
Any Alabama resident can apply to be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, or empty nesters. It does not matter if you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Looking for more activities in your area, check out these hidden gems!
- 12 Best Secret Attractions
- For the outdoorsy types
- Looking to cool off?
- Getting hungry? Check out these places
- For great deals on activities, events, and experiences in Alabama, visit Groupon Alabama
Over 100,000 high school and college exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your family.
To become an Alabama Host Family fill out the Alabama host family form!
If you know a family in Alabama who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Alabama Host Families