Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Jacksonville, Florida
“We have hosted a student before and found it very rewarding.” Don M. – CO
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Jacksonville!
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Jacksonville host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, and others.
International reps scour the globe in 75 countries to bring the best students to Jacksonville to study.
International Students –
- Come with their own spending money for museums, zoos and beaches.
- Are fully insured medically through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a thorough medical exam before leaving their country.
- Keep up good grades in their home country high school.
Local representatives commit to finding the best host families for the students.
Jacksonville Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are attentive, open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures, languages and peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Jacksonville resident may apply to be a family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Jacksonville.
Over 100,000 foreign students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Jacksonville area Host Families. There is an exchange student who will be a perfect fit for your family.
Click to get more information on Host Family