Host a Foreign Student in Cedar Rapids, IA
“We had a wonderful exchange student from Germany who is still part of our family network.” Carol K. – PA.
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Cedar Rapids!
When you finally decide to host an exchange student, be prepared to be changed forever.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Cedar Rapids host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and others.
International agents scour the globe in 75+ countries to bring the best students to study abroad.
International Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for activities and for getting the items they use while here.
- Are fully insured medically through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Local reps look for the best families for our exchange students.
Cedar Rapids Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and receptive.
- Are proud to share their culture.
- Have a desire to learn about other cultures.
- Would like to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Cedar Rapids resident can apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Cedar Rapids.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of students stay with Cedar Rapids area families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Cedar Rapids family.