Host a Foreign Student in Minnesota
“We’ve hosted summer exchange students and would like each of our children to host a high school student in their 11th grade of school. Diane P. – VA…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Minnesota!
One of lifes greatest experiences, is giving opportunities to those who will truly cherish them. Host a foreign student and see that first hand.
In 2014 there were 106,712 high school exchange students in the U.S. and Minnesota families were responsible for hosting 2,661 of those students!
Minnesota host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
International agents scour the globe in 75 countries to bring the best students to Minnesota to study.
Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Mall of America, Sea Life Aquarium, Nickelodeon Universe.
- Are complete covered by insurance through the program.
- Have an English skill rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Have a comprehensive medical exam before leaving home.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Local agents look for the the finest families to host our exchange students.
Minnesota Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, types and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share the American culture with others.
- Want to learn more about other cultures, languages and peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any mature Minnesota resident is welcome to apply to host an exchange student. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Minnesota.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Minnesota area families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Minnesota family.