Host a Foreign Student in Seattle, WA
“We have hosted a student before and found it very rewarding.” Don M. – CO
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Seattle!
You are the one hosting the student, but your experiences are shared by all those around you too.
Seattle host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
Our international agents scour the globe in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to study abroad.
Seattle Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money for Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Pike Place Market or for items they need or want.
- Are completely medically insured worldwide through the program.
- Have an English skill rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical exam before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Our domestic representatives are committed to recruiting the finest Seattle host families for our exchange students.
Seattle Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and types.
- Are interested in global affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their culture..
- Want to learn more about other cultures.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able Seattle resident can be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Seattle.
Over 100,000 students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Seattle Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Seattle family.