Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Idaho
“I loved it the last time, and would really like to experience it again. Sarah S. – MI…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Idaho!
In 2014 there were 106,712 exchange students studying in the U.S. and 772 students lived with families in Idaho.
Idaho host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
Our agents travel the globe in 75+ countries to bring the brightest students to study.
Idaho Foreign Students –
- Come with their own spending money, Shoshone Falls, Silverwood Theme Park and Hells Canyon.
- Are fully insured with their own medical insurance throughout the program.
- Have an English ability rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Keep good grades in their home school.
Local representatives find the best host families for the students.
Idaho Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded, amenable and attentive.
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures and peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Idaho occupant is welcome to apply to be a family, Single folks, empty nesters, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condominium or apartment you can have a foreign student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, events, and outings. For great deals on exciting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Idaho.
Over 100,000 college and high school students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of them stay with Idaho Host Families. There is an exchange student you can host who would be a perfect fit for your family.
If you know someone in Idaho who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Idaho Host Families