Host a Foreign Student in Fort Lauderdale!
“We had a foreign exchange student since last August and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.” Emma M. – CA.
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Fort Lauderdale, FL!
Becoming a host family is a VERY simple process. The feelings it creates for you and your students is what makes it so powerful.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Fort Lauderdale host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
International reps scour the globe in 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students.
International Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Bonnet Gardens, Antique Car Museum, Port Everglades and for other activities or things they wish to buy.
- Items they may want or need.
- Are insured medically via the program.
- Speak English at a proficiency rate of at least 70%.
- Are between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical exam prior to leaving their home.
- Keep up good grades in their home high school.
Local reps look for the best families for our exchange students.
Fort Lauderdale Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in global and worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, attentive, receptive and loving.
- Want to share their culture with others.
- Want to learn more about other cultures and peoples.
- Have a desire to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Fort Lauderdale resident may be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Fort Lauderdale.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Fort Lauderdale Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Fort Lauderdale family.