Host a Foreign Student in Utah
“I stayed in a German host family’s home, it was wonderful. My husband & I want to provide the same kind of experience.” Julie M. – Utah
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Utah!
You can make a world of difference in the life of one foreign exchange student.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 8,491 international students studied in the state of Utah. 750 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Utah and most of them lived with host families.
Utah host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
Our international agents cross the world in 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students.
Utah Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money to buy any incidentals they may want or need including movie tickets, books, cds, etc.
- Are insured with their own medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical exam prior to leaving home.
- Keep good grades in their home country school.
Local reps find the best families for our exchange students.
Utah Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Are proud to share their culture.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures and peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Utah resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Utah.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Utah Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Utah family.
Key International Student Statistics for Utah
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 8,491
- Total Economic Contribution to Utah from International Students: 236.5 million
- Total number of Utah Jobs Supported through International Students: 2,345
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Utah
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 378
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 372
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 750
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Utah which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 157
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021