Host a Foreign Student in Salt Lake City, UT
“I had a wonderful time hosting a student last year and would like to bring the experience to other families.” Elizabeth P. -WI
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Salt Lake City!
You are the one hosting the student, but your experiences are shared by all those around you too.
More than 100,000 students arrive annually in the U.S. Salt Lake City host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Ukraine and others.
International agents travel the globe in 75+ countries looking for the best students to study abroad.
International Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money for the Zoo, Sundance Square, Concerts or any personal items they need.
- Are fully insured medically through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Local reps look for the best families for our exchange students.
Salt Lake City Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and receptive.
- Are proud to share their culture.
- Have a desire to learn about other cultures.
- Would like to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Salt Lake City resident is welcome to submit an application to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on intersting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Salt Lake City.
Over 100,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Salt Lake City area families. Let us help you find the best student to host who will be a perfect fit for your family.