Host a Foreign Student in Mississippi
“I’ve hosted before and now that my youngest is a senior in high school we want to host again.”
Bernie W. – Mississippi
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Mississippi!
Charity is not always about money, sometimes it is about creating an opportunity. Hosting exchange students creates opportunities.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 3,361 international students studied in the state of Mississippi. 154 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Mississippi and most of them lived with host families.
Mississippi host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, and others.
Our international agents scour the globe in 75 countries to bring the smartest students here to study abroad.
Mississippi Students –
- Come with their own spending money for use at the National Parks, Elvis Presley Museum, etc. Or any incidentals they may want or need.
- Are totally insured medically through the program.
- Have an English skill rate of at least 70% or higher.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Get a complete medical evaluation prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain better than average grades in their home country high school.
Local reps recruit the finest families for our students.
Mississippi Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles, and types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded, attentive, and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with other peoples.
- Want to learn more about other cultures and languages.
- Hope to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any mature Mississippi resident can apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Mississippi.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens stay with Mississippi area hosts. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Mississippi family.
Key International Student Statistics for Mississippi
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 3,361
- Total Economic Contribution to Mississippi from International Students: 81.8 million
- Total number of Mississippi Jobs Supported through International Students: 779
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Mississippi
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 39
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 115
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 154
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Mississippi which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 78
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021