Host a Foreign Student in New York City
“I’ve hosted before and now that my youngest is a senior in high school we want to host again.” Bernie W. – FL
Exchange students from all over the world arrive in New York City every school year!
One of life’s greatest experiences is giving opportunities to those who will truly cherish them. Host a foreign student and see that first hand.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., New York City host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, and others.
International representatives travel the globe in 75 countries to bring students here to study abroad.
New York City Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money while they are here in the U.S.
- Are fully insured while they are here through the program.
- Have an English level of at least 70%.
- Are high school aged between 15-18.
- Receive a full medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country high school.
Local reps find the best families for our exchange students.
Students are looking for host families in all five boroughs, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, and Manhattan.
New York City Host Families –
- Come in all styles.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their culture with other peoples.
- Have a desire to learn more about other languages and cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable New York City resident may apply to be a host family. Host families are single persons, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon New York City.
Over 100,000 high school and college aged students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with New York City area Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your New York City family.