Host a Foreign Student in New Jersey
“My wife and I have hosted before and know the rewards of assisting a young person in obtaining the cultural experience and educational opportunities associated with such programs. Joey A.” – AL
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in New Jersey!
If you ever wanted to have an impact on international issues in current society, hosting a student is the best way.
In 2014, New Jersey families hosted 2,718 of the 106,712 high school exchange students.
New Jersey host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
International agents travel the world in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest students here to study abroad.
New Jersey Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Six Flags Great Adventure, Casino Pier, Jersey Shore, etc.
- Are fully covered by medical insurance while they are here with the program.
- Have an English rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school aged 15-18.
- Receive a total medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country.
Local representatives look for the best host families for the students.
New Jersey Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are attentive, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with other people.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable New Jersey resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon New Jersey.
Over 100,000 high school and college exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with New Jersey area families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your New Jersey family.