Host a Foreign Student in Fairfield, Connecticut!
“My family hosted a foreign exchange student when I was growing up and it was one of the best experiences of my life. My oldest is at college and there is room in my home.” Nanette E. – ID
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Fairfield!
One of life’s greatest experiences is giving opportunities to those who will truly cherish them. Host a foreign student and see that first hand.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Fairfield host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Ukraine and others.
International representatives cross the globe in 75+ countries to bring the best students here to America to study abroad.
Fairfield Students –
- Have their own spending money for activities and any items they need to buy.
- Are completely covered by their own medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school aged between 15-18.
- Receive a medical test prior to leaving their home.
- Keep good grades in their home country high school.
Local agents look for the best families for our exchange students.
Fairfield Hosts –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in global and world affairs.
- Are open-minded, amenable and loving.
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures, peoples and languages.
- Want to promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able Fairfield resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Fairfield.
Over 100,000 exchange students in college and high school come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Fairfield area Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Fairfield family.