Host a Foreign Student in Wyoming
“I loved it the last time, and would really like to experience it again.” Sarah S. – Wyoming
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Wyoming!
If it is about education and children, then you are in the right place to get an exchange student.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 923 international students studied in the state of Wyoming. 108 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Wyoming and most of them lived with host families.
Wyoming host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
International agents cross the globe in 75 countries to find the best exchange students for study abroad.
Wyoming Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money to buy the items they want or need while they stay with you.
- Are insured medically through the program.
- Have an English skill rate level of at least 70%.
- Are high school between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical exam before leaving their country.
- Keep good grades in their home high school.
Local representatives recruit the finest host families for our exchange students.
Wyoming Host Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are receptive and loving.
- Want to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able Wyoming resident may be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Wyoming.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens stay with Wyoming Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Wyoming family.
Key International Student Statistics for Wyoming
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 923
- Total Economic Contribution to Wyoming from International Students: 21 million
- Total number of Wyoming Jobs Supported through International Students: 165
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Wyoming
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 0
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 108
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 108
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Wyoming which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 21
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021