Host a Foreign Student in Dublin, California
“I have hosted a foreign exchange student in the past and it was a great adventure. My daughter is now in the 6th grade and I think the experience for her would be very gratifying. Nancy S. – CA…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Dublin, California!
When you host a s student you realize that paying it forward is about impacting the lives of those around us.
In 2014, 106,712 exchange students arrived in the U.S. and 16,556 students lived with California host families!
California families are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Ukraine and others looking for home stays.
In 2014, the majority of exchange students who studied in California came from:
- South Korea
Universal agents scour the globe in 75 countries to bring the smartest students here to California to study abroad.
Students who study in California:
- Have their own spending money for activities in the area
- Are completely insured through the program
- Have an English proficiency rate of 70% or higher
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18
- Receive a thorough medical exam prior to leaving their country
- Maintain passing grades during the academic year
Local representatives are committed to recruiting the finest California host families for the students.
California Host Families:
- Come in all types! There is no average host family
- Are extremely interested in global affairs and learning about another culture
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving to all
- Are proud to share their local California/American culture with others
- Are looking to help promote cultural peace and understanding through cultural exchange
Any reliable California resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Over 100,000 high school and college exchange students come to the U.S. each year on a home stay program. Hundreds of those students stay with California Host Families. We can help you find the perfect exchange student for your family!