Host a Foreign Student in Pennsylvania
“We hosted a student before and our son is very excited about the possibility of having another student live with us.” Patti L. – Pennsylvania
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Pennsylvania!
Being a host family will do more for you than the exchange student. Want Proof?
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 50,070 international students studied in the state of Pennsylvania. 1,994 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Pennsylvania and most of them lived with host families.
Pennsylvania host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
Our universal reps travel the world in over 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students to study abroad. In 2014, the majority of students who came to Pennsylvania were from:
- South Korea
Pennsylvania International Students –
- Have their own spending money.
- Are covered by medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English proficiency rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades at home.
Domestic representatives look for the finest Pennsylvania families for the students.
Pennsylvania Host Families –
- Come in all styles.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture.
- Want to learn more about other peoples.
Any able Pennsylvania resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Pennsylvania.
Over 1,000,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Pennsylvania Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Pennsylvania family.
Key International Student Statistics for Pennsylvania
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 50,070
- Total Economic Contribution to Pennsylvania from International Students: 2 billion
- Total number of Pennsylvania Jobs Supported through International Students: 25,115
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Pennsylvania
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 1,526
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 468
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 1,994
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Pennsylvania which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 656
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021