Host a Foreign Student in Reno, NV
“We’ve hosted summer exchange students and would like each of our children to host a high school student in their 11th grade of school.” Diane P. – VA
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Reno!
If you are a family, you can provide a student and your child a cultural exchange you never thought possible
Reno host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
International reps cross the globe in 75 countries to bring the best students here to America to study abroad.
Exchange Students –
- Come with the their own spending money for the National Automobile Museum, Virginia Lake Park and any incidentals they may require.
- Are completely insured medically throughout the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a thorough medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Local agents find the best host families for our exchange students.
A Host Family –
- Can come in all varieties and styles.
- Is interested in worldwide affairs.
- Is open-minded and loving.
- Is proud to share their local culture with others.
- Has a desire to learn more about other poeples.
- Is looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Reno resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Reno.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of them stay with Reno area hosts. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Reno family.