Host a Foreign Student in Pittsburgh, PA
“My family hosted a foreign exchange student when I was growing up and it was one of the best experiences of my life. My oldest is at college and there is room in my home.” Nanette E. – ID
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Pittsburgh!
One of life’s greatest experiences is giving opportunities to those who will truly cherish them. Host a foreign student and see that first hand.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Pittsburgh host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Ukraine and others.
International representatives cross the globe in 75+ countries to bring the best students here to America to study abroad.
International Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money for the Aquarium, Zoo, PNC Park and any items they need to buy.
- Are completely covered by their own medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school aged between 15-18.
- Receive a medical test prior to leaving their home.
- Keep good grades in their home country high school.
Local reps look for the best families for our exchange students.
Pittsburgh Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and receptive.
- Are proud to share their culture.
- Have a desire to learn about other cultures.
- Would like to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able Pittsburgh resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Pittsburgh.
Over 100,000 exchange students in college and high school come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Pittsburgh area Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Pittsburgh family.