Host a Foreign Student in Manchester
“My family hosted a foreign exchange student when I was growing up and it was one of the best experiences of my life. My oldest is at college and there is room in my home.” Nanette E. – ID
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Manchester, CT!
Host a foreign student just one time, and you will have the urge to do it over and over again.
Manchester host families are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
International representatives travel the world in 75 countries to find the best students to study abroad.
Manchester Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Keeney Cove, Soar Indoors, and the Rock Gym.
- Are medically insured worldwide through the program.
- Have an English skill rate of at least 70% or higher.
- Are high school students ages 15-18.
- Receive a complete medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Keep up good grades in their home country high school.
Local reps find the finest Manchester families for our students.
Manchester Host Families –
- Come in all styles.
- Are interested in affairs throughout the world.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share the American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Manchester resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Manchester.
Over 100,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Manchester Host Families. Let us help you find the perfect student to host who will be a perfect fit for your family.
If you know someone in Manchester who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Manchester Host Families