Host a Foreign Student in Buffalo, Niagara Falls, NY
“I had a wonderful time hosting a student last year and would like to bring the experience to other families. Elizabeth P. WI…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Buffalo!
You are the one hosting the student, but your experiences are shared by all those around you too.
More than 100,000 students arrive annually in the U.S. Buffalo host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Ukraine and others.
International agents travel the globe in 75+ countries looking for the best students to study abroad.
Buffalo Students –
- have their OWN medical insurance through the program.
- have an English proficiency rate of at least 70%.
- are high school students aged 15-18.
- have their own spending money for the Buffalo Zoo, Museum of Science or any incidentals they may need or want to buy
- receive a medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- maintain good grades in their home school.
Domestic agents find the best host families for our exchange students.
Buffalo Families –
- come in all varieties, styles and types.
- are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- are open-minded and loving.
- are proud to share their local culture.
- have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Buffalo resident is welcome to submit an application to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on intersting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Buffalo.
Over 100,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Buffalo area families. Let us help you find the best student to host who will be a perfect fit for your family.