Host a Foreign Student in Arizona
“I have had students in the past and enjoyed them so much. I look forward to hosting another child.”
Leslie O. – Arizona
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Arizona!
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 22,548 international students studied in the state of Arizona. 731 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Arizona and most of them lived with host families.
Arizona host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, and others.
Our international agents travel the globe in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students to study abroad.
Arizona Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for the Grand Canyon, Phoenix Zoo, Arizona Science Center
- Are high school students aged 15-18
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%
- Are completely insured medically through the program
- Receive a comprehensive medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Domestic representatives look for the finest Arizona host families for our students.
Host families –
- Come in all types, styles, and varieties.
- Are interested in worldwide, global affairs.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Are open-minded, attentive, receptive, and loving.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Arizona resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, events, and outings in the local area. For great deals on interesting experiences in Arizona, visit Groupon Arizona.
Over 1,000,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Arizona Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Arizona family
If you know someone in Arizona who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Arizona Host Families
Key International Student Statistics for Arizona
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 22,548
- Total Economic Contribution to Arizona from International Students: 682.1 million
- Total number of Arizona Jobs Supported through International Students: 7,800
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Arizona
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 251
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 480
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 731
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Arizona which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 354
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021