Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Delaware
“I hosted during high school and enjoyed the new cultural experience. I also want to help someone have the opportunty to experience America.” Sarah W. – Delaware
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Delaware!
When you host a student, you realize that paying it forward is about impacting the lives of those around us.
In the 2019-20 Academic Year, 6,342 international students studied in the state of Delaware. 128 of these students attended high school or secondary schools in Delaware and most of them lived with host families.
Delaware host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, and others.
International representatives travel the globe in 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students here to study abroad.
Delaware Foreign Students –
- Bring their own spending money for the zoo, beaches, speedway, etc.
- Are medically insured fully worldwide through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country’s high school.
Local representatives recruit the finest Delaware host families for our exchange students.
Delaware Host Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in worldwide global affairs.
- Are receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Delaware resident can apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment, you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Delaware.
Over 1,000,000 high school and college-aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Delaware Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Delaware family.
If you know someone in Delaware who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to call or have them visit Delaware Host Families
Key International Student Statistics for Delaware
Total International Students and Economic Contribution from NAFSA
- Total Number of International Students: 6,342
- Total Economic Contribution to Delaware from International Students: 170.3 million
- Total number of Delaware Jobs Supported through International Students: 1,722
- Click here to see the NAFSA Economic Contribution Report for Delaware
High School/Secondary Student Statistics from CSIET and US Department of Homeland Security
- Total Number of Students on F-1 Student Visa: 96
- Total Number of Students on J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: 32
- Total Number of F-1 and J-1 Visa Students (Secondary Students): 128
- Total number of SEVIS Certified schools and universities in Delaware which are approved to provide student visas to international students: 46
If you are interested in hosting an international student or are an international student and would like to apply to a US institution, Call us Today! at +1 (203) 285-6767.
*F-1 Secondary Students by State: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS Data Mapping Tool, March 2021 Statistics
**J-1 Secondary Students: Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET) 2018-19 J-1 Students by State Data
***Total International Students and Economic Value Statistics: NAFSA: Association of International Educators 2019-20 Economic Value Statistics
****Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools: Department of Homeland Security SEVIS School List March 2021